a coot in singapore...and waiting

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cottesloe Beach in Perth



Cottesloe beach which is north of Fremantle, is one of the best beaches to visit in Perth. It's a very popular beach for locals and tourists alike. It's easy to see why, with its sparkling smooth sand (the kind that when you step on it, it's cool and soothing), crystal clear water, the great view of the sea and the babes, and nice grassy patches for a nice lazy read/sunbath.




On one particular sunday, about 8-10 of us went to Cottesloe beach to chill out, suntan and play some beach volleyball. It was perhaps the biggest outing we've had here so far, not counting any dinner outings. Oh i must mention that I'm the proud owner of the beach volleyball, which i was 'forced' into buying for winning in mahjong(then). By the way, the beach volleyball still sits on top of my cupboard, having not seen the sand since that fateful sunday.





It's at Cottesloe beach that i got my first taste of the Indian Ocean, and it was really really cold, even for a hot day in summer. Now that autumn is already here, I've not been to any of the beaches in perth since. Cottesloe beach is more of a "To see and to be seen" beach, with plenty of hunks and babes. There are shophouses and pubs right opposite the beach, and on weekend noons, the pubs there are as equally packed. Other beaches in the area are more renowned for surfing, which a couple of my friends tried too.



I've always wanted to go other beaches here (ie the nude beach), but from what my friend told me, there really isnt anything there. One thing about ang-mohs is that they really don't give a heck about nudity. Even in Cottesloe beach, I was told by a friend that he had seen girls who had taken off their tops to sun tan the bikini line on their backs. And when they were done, they just nonchalantly got up, and put on their tops as if it was perfectly normal. Had this happened in Singapore on one of our beaches, I can guess there would already be videos or photos circulating around the internet with tag lines such as "Tammy ECP" or "Tammy Sentosa" etc. The younger generation here in perth are not so conservative in general. In another instance, my roommate was flashed by a school girl while he was driving around here. Luckily he kept his eyes long enough on the road to carry on driving safely.



Seagull taking a walk on the sand




nice 'view'


Indiana Teahouse



someone told me i looked like a vietnamese ganglord with my aviator shades

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home