a coot in singapore...and waiting

Monday, July 23, 2007

2nd run

Did my second run cum climb today. Was supposed to be done on sunday but my muscles were still not fully recovered after the thurs run/climb. pathetic man. Anyway i tried looking around the house for a digital watch, n only then i realised i don't have a SINGLE digital watch in the house, not even those cheapo basar malam kinds. no choice had to carry my handphone in my shorts' back pocket then.

Took the same route as per last time, starting off at blk 13 bus stop @ teck whye ave this time. ran to the interjunction of choa chu kang drive and choa chu kang north ave 5, which was my half way point. reached there in 14.5 min, with 2 stops due traffic light. ran back the same route in 15 min. Overall think the distance was 3.5km roughly, and fared slightly better than last time. at least didnt walk dat's the most important thing.

took a 7 min break, to stretch my calf muscles and catch my breath. the same old block, the same number of steps, but this time i decided to start off slow with a climbing pace for the 1st 10 storeys to warm up my thigh muscles (although they were probably warmed up from the run). following the advice of my fren where he did 3 x 12 storeys last week. the next 10 storeys was running pace, although i felt tiredness in my thighs even from normal climbing pace at the 10th storey alreadt. so the running pace this time was noticeably slower than the running pace in the first climb. as usual and as expected, last 5 storeys was a tedious walking pace up, though i did managed to squeeze in a bit of run. Timed myself this time, finishing in 2:53min.

i want to boldly say here i am aiming to finish the vertical marathon in under 10 min. I know dat's a practically impossible target for me to achieve, but if i aim for the stars and dun reach it, at least i will still reach the top of a 73 storey building. just hope nothing cocks up and i can go for the marathon. next run fri/sat hopefully.

On a side note, i'm not angry but i believed that if you are meeting someone at a time u set, and u are not able to make it at that time, then it would be basic courtesy to let the person u r meeting know u'll b late. it's just a sms. i know i will do that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home